View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
Build SWC from FD! "ExportSWC" plugin [beta] 

ourben wrote:
The version already with FD doesn't support zip files pre-zip64 so it can't repack SWC.

If this Zip DLL improves on (and is compatible with) current FD version then we could update it.

I think it probably is compatible - but it didn't drop straight in.

That could just be a case of FD requiring a specific build of it. I'm not sure. You'll probably check before me - afraid I'm tied up the next half the week...

Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:46 am

A total uninstall and reinstall of FD3 solved my problem.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:19 pm

When I used the code you sent me, there was an error in when I ran against the SVN build where one of the compiler variables was loaded as String, but the SVN was String[]... I can't remember exactly which one - but that would cause a problem if running the old version on the SVN build.

Ah, that would be the change Philippe mentioned earlier:

Quote:
Beware: i just changed the settings classes ('Additional' is now an array) so your plugin is atm compatible with beta6/7 but not the latest SVN.

Should be a very simple fix, and would mean that the plugin will work for the latest SVN. :D

Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:00 am

This isn't really a great news update... but I'd like to say a few things so that everyone using the plugin in this early stage is forewarned.

The plugin patcher mechanics are a bit dirty in areas - I've been cleaning a lot of this up, but I'll hold back on a new upload just at the moment.

CS3 exports also *could* have a few problems.

LivePreview is nothing short of irritating. You'll have noticed the preview DisplayObject is the wrong size in CS3 - No idea yet, I'm having to get waist deep in ABC and hex dumps to source this.

Stage instances don't work - a few fluke classes do actually show when you test from within CS3, but more often that not they don't - again, refer to the afore mentioned woe.

THE GOOD PART:
The SWC output works perfectly as a library (drop into your library in CS3).

THE ALMOST GOOD PART:
Inspectable parameters are working in CS3 designtime. At runtime however, Flash is not even digesting them...

Sad day, long day... I'll keep at it...

:-)

Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:50 pm
Admin

Inspectable parameters are working in CS3 designtime. At runtime however, Flash is not even digesting them...

Inspectable parameters are known to behave stranglely in AS3 (not like in AS2).

Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:17 pm
Profile WWW

Is it possible to only compile the classes used in the project, and not everything available in the source paths.

Certain libraries of ours contain some classes that require certain symbols to be exported from the library.

These classes will not compile if the symbol is not present e.g.
"Error: Access of undefined property MyLibrarySymbol."

This doesn't matter if you're not using that class in the current project, however because the swc plug-in tries to compile all classes whether they're used or not we cannot compile these projects to swc.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:06 am
Profile WWW

Is it possible to only compile the classes used in the project, and not everything available in the source paths.

Certain libraries of ours contain some classes that require certain symbols to be exported from the library.

These classes will not compile if the symbol is not present e.g.
"Error: Access of undefined property MyLibrarySymbol."

This doesn't matter if you're not using that class in the current project, however because the swc plug-in tries to compile all classes whether they're used or not we cannot compile these projects to swc.

You can right click files in the project folder and exclude them - I meant to implement folder exclusion too, as soon as I can get time - I'll upload a newer version.

There are a few other things fixed in the next upload too.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:13 am

When I used the code you sent me, there was an error in when I ran against the SVN build where one of the compiler variables was loaded as String, but the SVN was String[]... I can't remember exactly which one - but that would cause a problem if running the old version on the SVN build.

I'm having the same issue on my installation (fd 3 beta 7). I downloaded and installed the plugin yesterday so I'm not sure if it is up to the plugin or fd?

Any ideas how to get rid off the error? (SVN is no option due to access restrictions and missing vs).

-- buddha

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:41 am

I have got problem with create swc file ( I use FD3 beta7 ). Plugin added all classes in project source directory, but if I want use class into package org.flashdevelop i get error, that cant find this classes. I added this directory to FD global classpath and still have errors. Can someone tell me how solve this problem?

Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:23 am
Profile WWW

I have a question about the exporter downloaded from
http://www.cyberoptix.org/code/ExportSWC.zip

When I try to export an swc that in itself uses an external library, it fails to recognize the external classes. The standard compilation to swf works fine.
Note that the config file, PluginConfig.swc.xml, doesn't have any references to the swc:s that are specified in Project->Properties->Compiler Options->External Libraries.

Can this be easily fixed?

Thanks!

Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:25 pm

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:37 pm
Profile WWW

The SWC exporter is just neglecting the External Libraries setting, and it is an easy fix. By adding the following to the compiler section of the config.swc.xml file, it'll work:

<external-library-path>
<path-element>PathToYour.swc</path-element>
<path-element>C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\sdks\3.0.0\frameworks\libs\player\playerglobal.swc</path-element>
</external-library-path>

But of course the file is auto-generated each time from the plugin, so you'll have to use compc.exe manually. The plugin doesn't seem to be open-source, I can't change it myself.

The syntax is:
compc.exe -load-config=YourConfig.swc.xml
or with "+=" instead of just "=". (see http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/h ... tml#134676 )
It compiles OK with just the "=" for me.

And thanks to this inheritance from external libraries is now possible!

Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:36 am

Hi Jonas, I have sent you a link and a message for the source.
Please contact Philippe (memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3) regarding merging your patch into the final release for the FD library. :D
Cheers.

Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:57 pm

Thanks - the code changes are available at: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3435&p=15613#p15613

There seems to be no ExportSWC in the SVN repo, so it's a standalone project for now - hopefully it'll be added later on.

Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:44 pm
Admin

JonasB wrote:
Thanks - the code changes are available at: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3435&p=15613#p15613

There seems to be no ExportSWC in the SVN repo, so it's a standalone project for now - hopefully it'll be added later on.

Actually I plan to merge it in ProjectManager and make it possible to choose to target SWC in a regular AS3 project.

Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next