Redtamarin - AS3 on the command line
From redtamarin project page
Simply put, redtamarin is based on the Tamarin project (eg. the Flash Player Virtual Machine)
and allow to run AS3 code on the command-line.
But because Tamarin only support the AS3 builtins (Object, Array, etc.),
redtamarin add numerous native functionalities, so you can test if your program
run under Windows or Linux, or read/write files, or send data with sockets, etc.
Put another way, if Adobe AIR allow you to build desktop executable with a GUI,
redtamarin allow you to build desktop executable with a CLI.
- download redtamarin SDK for WIN
and unzip somewhere you'll remember,
- download RedTamarin Project template
and unzip in FlashDevelop\Projects
- (recommended) manually edit the path to the SDK in the following template files: build.bat.template
- (recommended) follow @zwetan
on twitter to be notified about SDK updates.Getting started:
- start FlashDevelop and create a new AS3 RedTamarin project,
- note that lib/redtamarin.swc
provides code completion (latest SWC version here
- see how you must (manually) include all the classes to be compiled in: program.as
- go read about Tamarin core API
and redtamarin extensions
- now open your main class (named after the project) to start coding,
- build/test as usual using F8/F5/Ctrl+Enter,
- publish the EXE console application by running package.bat
- and have fun, obviously.