Re: Thoughts about new features of FlashDevelop 4
We have have a big todo list and even longer wish list where most of your suggestions are. We do appreciate all the help we can get.
To avoid confusion i will list and describe what we are trying to do with FD4.
- Update branding graphics to more visual appealing ones [DONE], maybe logo [?]
- Implement new shortcut management functionality with easy to use dialog [DONE]
- Improve the interface with nice menu hightlights in menu items, buttons etc. [DONE]
- Improve the templating to be consistent in all areas (template, snippets, generators) [DONE]
- Slightly revise the internal code to be more flexible with plugins and scripts [DONE]
- Improve user experience with clear menu organization etc [PROGRESSING]
- Add some of the vital 3rd party plugins and code to FD [PROGRESSING]
- Fix all the bugs and usability issues we can find [PROGRESSING]
+ Other things i can't remember right now
So basicly we are improving FD3 and enabling more things in the future. Also we try to make this happen so that 3rd party plugins won't break totally.
At the moment they only need to be republished against FD4.
All comments and ideas are more than welcome.