View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
QuickGenerator [Beta] 

Hello world,
I create for my personal use a plug-in for develop in a quicker way the Action Script 3 code and learn in meanwhile to use C#.
Now i've completed it and i decided to publish it, hoping that someone will find it useful.

I don't know all the existing plug-in for Flash-Develop and the functions that they offer, so some of the functions present inside my plug-in may be already createad by other developers.

some important info to keep in mind:

- this plug-in is in sperimental state: I've made a lot of test on different PC, and I dind't find any problems.
- I tested the plug-in only on Windows 7 with FlashDevelop 3.2.2 RTM
- It was developed for my personal use, so it's not so well oriented for another people use.
- some bugs will be present for sure.
- I don't speak English.
- This is my first plugin.

here a list of the functions:

1) create an ActionScript3 class

with the specific shortcut we can recall the windows for the class' creation.
with the specific shortcut if the mouse cursor is over on a text, the plug-in will show a quick creation of a class using the name of the text on which the mouse cursos was over.
in this case the import of the class is also generated.

Is possibile to save the personal setting to speed up the work and not repeat the same actions.

EXAMPLE:
Using the FLIXEL library a lot of time I've to inherit the class FLXSprite.
Keep the personal setting saved, I can create much new classes, without inherit each time the FLXSprite class.

2) Autoclosing of the characters ()-[]-""
Each time that the characters ( [ " are inserted, the plug-in will auto insert the closing character for the code sintax.
Is possible to active the option of Autoclosing of the character "();" when selecting a fuction or a type preceded of the word new from a completionList activate with Enter key.
If you want instead insert it manually just press "(" or "[".

Video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBtLd5zENzk

3) Wrap a piece of code inside an "IF" or a "Function"
the selected code will be insert inside an IF instruction or inside the body of a fuction.
I have recently see Surround in FlashDevelop. Wrap Function work in a different manner from Surround.

4) Keep in memory different pieces of clipboard (from 3 to 50) and allow the user to effect the clipboardring.
Using the copy command, the text contained inside the clipboard will be stored in memory for further use.
from the control panel of the plug-in is possibile to define the quantity of the data to store and set up the shortcut for cicling forward and back or view content of the clipboardring.
It works only with the Flashdevelop text.

Video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6vcqlBar1E

5) Use of the abbreviations (few characters) to generate more complex text.
From the control panel of the plug-in is possibile create a list of words (abbreviations) that will be associated to a complex text.
Using the short-cut, the text on the left of the cursor (if present inside the abbreviation list) will be replaced with the previously associated complex text

After inserted the complex text, if there is a point to modify using the same shortcut, the mouse pointer will move on the next word to change.
This movement will be disabled if there is any changes in the text in a position out of the premade areas or if a new complex text will be added in the same document.

Yuo can see "sensible area" with option "Show Words with a color" inside settings.

arguments for a quick explanation:

${SafeZone} = you can create another abbreviations in this word
${clipboard} = insert the text inside the clipboard
${var=""} = inside the bracket you write the name of the variable. if you will insert more variables with the same name and you want to change the name of all of them, you just need to change the name of the first variable.
${MbrName} = Insert Members's type name
${browser} = Show a windows for selecting a file.
${list="name"} = show a custom completion list indicate by a specific name.
${cmp=""} = it tries to show a completion list with a list of tips. Inside the brakets you have to insert the default value.
${Import=""} = it tries to create the import for the text inside the brackets.
${EventHandler=""} = it tries to create a Event function with the text inside the brackets.
${""} = Inside the brackets there is the value that will be show.
{${"createParameters"} = it tries to generate paramaters inside a function or new type when go on it (only a time)
${AfterCurrentMember=""} = It generate another abbreviation after current member if you are inside it. Inside the brackets there is the name of the abbreviation.

Video1 -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuBNFJfCwV8
Video2 -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhvUUPs0kSE

With the same shortcut is possibile to see one list of abbreviation, if the list contains some elements.
if the list is visible and there are some "sensible area" using the same shortcut, the mouse pointer will move in the next "sensibile area".

It is possible to create an abbrevation, selecting the text and choosing form the contextual menu "Add to abbreviation".

6) Generation of Pre-formatted code.
After the symbol ";" is possibile to insert 2 characters "*" and "<"
the character "*" effect a moltiplication of the text before the ";"

example:
movie.add(one); *3 >>> this writing *3 will generate 3 identical lines.

if inside the text the characters "§" is present, it will be substitute from the number 0 that will be auto-incremented from the number of moltiplication required.
example:

movie.add(§); * 3 >>> this writing will give as a result:

movie.add(1);
movie.add(2);
movie.add(3);

if only the character § is present, the base is 0.
with the §[n] where n is a natural integer number, is possible to change the starting base.

example:
movie.add(§[3]); * 3 >>> this writing will give as a result:

movie.add(4);
movie.add(5);
movie.add(6);

Video ->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QithmwzYreI

the character "<" include in the previous string the words that are present after the "<"

EXAMPLE:
movie.add(@); < one two three -> this writing will give as a result:

movie.add(one);
movie.add(two);
movie.add(three);

Is possible to insert different characters for the sostitution

EXAMPLE:
movie.add(@, @1); < one two three four -> this writing will give as a result:

movie.add(one, two);
movie.add(three, four);
Video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1WLmHbCQ18

7) with the specific shorcut and the reformat code turned on, is possible to combine the function to create the abbreviations and reformat code.
Video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEjGvW3DfkQ

Plugin -> http://www.mediafire.com/?hxu11ihl343lckb

Source code here

PS:
thanks to my friend Dave for the helping with the translation.

Last edited by Alan on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:43 pm

Wow, this looks really awesome!
I'll definitly try it!

Lg
warappa

Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:12 am
Profile WWW
Admin

Oh, wow. Incredible.

The way you implemented abbreviations is positively amazing :)

Quite a few features already exist:
- basic abbreviations (snippets using Ctrl+B shortcut) with quite a lot of arguments already,
- new var, new function, new class generation (using Ctrl+Shift+1 shortcut).

Don't you think it would be interesting to make these different features fit together, without overlap?

Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:22 pm
Profile WWW

Hi all,
thanks for the feedback.

Regarding the basic abbreviations matter, at the moment I don't have a clue how to different it.
any suggestion about what to change? .)

I could introduce some changes in order to not overlap the 2 features based on the users' feedback.
Please notice that I will make this changes only if I will not have to rewrite too much code and I will have got enough free time :wink:

Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:25 pm

I think that some of the overlapped functionalities should be integrated together. This plugin does look incredible (didn't tried it yet)!

Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:13 pm
Admin

I would be intrested integrating atleast points 2 and 5 to FlashDevelop if you are willing to share the source code, Alan.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:44 pm
Profile WWW

To improve the understanding of the code in the interested points I'm adding some explanation inside the code. As soon I'll finish it I'll share the code.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:20 am

Add source code here

Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Just saw a video from 5 (abbreviations). Coooool stuff. This should be included in FD4 :D

Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:40 am

plz support import and export manager function.

Alan wrote:
Hello world,
I create for my personal use a plug-in for develop in a quicker way the Action Script 3 code and learn in meanwhile to use C#.
Now i've completed it and i decided to publish it, hoping that someone will find it useful.

I don't know all the existing plug-in for Flash-Develop and the functions that they offer, so some of the functions present inside my plug-in may be already createad by other developers.

some important info to keep in mind:

- this plug-in is in sperimental state: I've made a lot of test on different PC, and I dind't find any problems.
- I tested the plug-in only on Windows 7 with FlashDevelop 3.2.2 RTM
- It was developed for my personal use, so it's not so well oriented for another people use.
- some bugs will be present for sure.
- I don't speak English.
- This is my first plugin.

here a list of the functions:

1) create an ActionScript3 class

with the specific shortcut we can recall the windows for the class' creation.
with the specific shortcut if the mouse cursor is over on a text, the plug-in will show a quick creation of a class using the name of the text on which the mouse cursos was over.
in this case the import of the class is also generated.

Is possibile to save the personal setting to speed up the work and not repeat the same actions.

EXAMPLE:
Using the FLIXEL library a lot of time I've to inherit the class FLXSprite.
Keep the personal setting saved, I can create much new classes, without inherit each time the FLXSprite class.

2) Autoclosing of the characters ()-[]-""
Each time that the characters ( [ " are inserted, the plug-in will auto insert the closing character for the code sintax.
Is possible to active the option of Autoclosing of the character "();" when selecting a fuction or a type preceded of the word new from a completionList activate with Enter key.
If you want instead insert it manually just press "(" or "[".

Video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBtLd5zENzk

3) Wrap a piece of code inside an "IF" or a "Function"
the selected code will be insert inside an IF instruction or inside the body of a fuction.
I have recently see Surround in FlashDevelop. Wrap Function work in a different manner from Surround.

4) Keep in memory different pieces of clipboard (from 3 to 50) and allow the user to effect the clipboardring.
Using the copy command, the text contained inside the clipboard will be stored in memory for further use.
from the control panel of the plug-in is possibile to define the quantity of the data to store and set up the shortcut for cicling forward and back or view content of the clipboardring.
It works only with the Flashdevelop text.

Video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6vcqlBar1E

5) Use of the abbreviations (few characters) to generate more complex text.
From the control panel of the plug-in is possibile create a list of words (abbreviations) that will be associated to a complex text.
Using the short-cut, the text on the left of the cursor (if present inside the abbreviation list) will be replaced with the previously associated complex text

After inserted the complex text, if there is a point to modify using the same shortcut, the mouse pointer will move on the next word to change.
This movement will be disabled if there is any changes in the text in a position out of the premade areas or if a new complex text will be added in the same document.

Yuo can see "sensible area" with option "Show Words with a color" inside settings.

arguments for a quick explanation:

${SafeZone} = you can create another abbreviations in this word
${clipboard} = insert the text inside the clipboard
${var=""} = inside the bracket you write the name of the variable. if you will insert more variables with the same name and you want to change the name of all of them, you just need to change the name of the first variable.
${MbrName} = Insert Members's type name
${browser} = Show a windows for selecting a file.
${list="name"} = show a custom completion list indicate by a specific name.
${cmp=""} = it tries to show a completion list with a list of tips. Inside the brakets you have to insert the default value.
${Import=""} = it tries to create the import for the text inside the brackets.
${EventHandler=""} = it tries to create a Event function with the text inside the brackets.
${""} = Inside the brackets there is the value that will be show.
{${"createParameters"} = it tries to generate paramaters inside a function or new type when go on it (only a time)
${AfterCurrentMember=""} = It generate another abbreviation after current member if you are inside it. Inside the brackets there is the name of the abbreviation.

Video1 -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuBNFJfCwV8
Video2 -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhvUUPs0kSE

With the same shortcut is possibile to see one list of abbreviation, if the list contains some elements.
if the list is visible and there are some "sensible area" using the same shortcut, the mouse pointer will move in the next "sensibile area".

It is possible to create an abbrevation, selecting the text and choosing form the contextual menu "Add to abbreviation".

6) Generation of Pre-formatted code.
After the symbol ";" is possibile to insert 2 characters "*" and "<"
the character "*" effect a moltiplication of the text before the ";"

example:
movie.add(one); *3 >>> this writing *3 will generate 3 identical lines.

if inside the text the characters "§" is present, it will be substitute from the number 0 that will be auto-incremented from the number of moltiplication required.
example:

movie.add(§); * 3 >>> this writing will give as a result:

movie.add(1);
movie.add(2);
movie.add(3);

if only the character § is present, the base is 0.
with the §[n] where n is a natural integer number, is possible to change the starting base.

example:
movie.add(§[3]); * 3 >>> this writing will give as a result:

movie.add(4);
movie.add(5);
movie.add(6);

Video ->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QithmwzYreI

the character "<" include in the previous string the words that are present after the "<"

EXAMPLE:
movie.add(@); < one two three -> this writing will give as a result:

movie.add(one);
movie.add(two);
movie.add(three);

Is possible to insert different characters for the sostitution

EXAMPLE:
movie.add(@, @1); < one two three four -> this writing will give as a result:

movie.add(one, two);
movie.add(three, four);
Video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1WLmHbCQ18

7) with the specific shorcut and the reformat code turned on, is possible to combine the function to create the abbreviations and reformat code.
Video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEjGvW3DfkQ

Plugin -> http://www.mediafire.com/?hxu11ihl343lckb

Source code here

PS:
thanks to my friend Dave for the helping with the translation.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:27 am

Is it possible to develop this plugin? For me it is most usefull plug for FD. Can you release plugin for FD4?

P.

OR
One question for plugin developers:

What I can use instead:
Code:
FlashDevelop.Dialogs.ArgumentDialog.LoadCustomArguments;
?

and:
Code:
ASCompletion.Completion.ASComplete.GetNewLineMarker(ASCompletion.Context.ASContext.CurSciControl.EOLMode);

is current compatybile to:
Code:
CodeFormatter.Settings.LineSplitter.ToString();

?

Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:31 am
Admin

@BizU you should start a new thread if you need plugin dev help - and describe precisely what you're trying to do.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:29 am
Profile WWW

fd4 DLL

Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 pm

FD4 beta2: R2044

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:38 pm

Point 5 looks AMAZING!
it can speed up current workflow even more!

I think I will make next donation to support you on your work!

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:00 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next