Simple Perforce Plugin [now on github] 

*** NOW ON GITHUB *** - please contribute

Last stable version - 1/23/13 (FD4)
http://www.sambatista.com/wp-content/up ... ce_FD4.zip

Old FD3 compatible version
http://www.sambatista.com/wp-content/up ... ce_FD3.zip

Update (v0.42)
  • v0.42
  • Added option to specify which client workspace file operations will be applied to. More info here.
  • v0.41
  • Added support for operations on multiple files from the project view (edit, add, diff, revert supported).
  • Improved error notifications if something goes wrong.
  • v0.4
  • Plugin now compatible with FD4.
  • Added feedback when Adding Files to Source Control.
  • Changed P4 icons to be ugly yellow (like P4V), option to use blue icons located in settings.
  • v0.3
  • Made perforce menu options available in Project Manager, and Context Menu for the Editor.
  • Added "Mark for Add" option in context menus. It will add a file to the "default" changelist.
  • v0.2
  • When trying to edit a Read Only file, the user is prompted whether to perform an Open for Edit operation.
  • Added option to silently perform the Open for Edit operation when user tries to edit a Read Only file.

Overview
This plugin is extremely simple and is not meant to replace the Perforce Client(s). It just saves you from going to the client and finding the file when performing common operations. It uses the command line so you must have Perforce installed and the correct environment variables set (try typing p4 help on command line, if you get a "not found" error then the plugin will not work).

Usage
  • Right click on a file tab, editor window or project manager to access the context menu.

Note
The plugin will display useful information (success, fail, errors) on the FlashDevelop Output window.

Edit File Reloads the file automatically, but Revert doesn't. This is by design to make sure you don't lose all your changes by accident.

Last edited by CrazySam on Thu May 16, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 22 times in total.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:44 pm

nice job. However, one feature I really lack: when I open file that is not checked out yet (read only) and start typing, plugin could automatically check out it for me in the background. Instead for the moment I get a message that file is read only and I have to manually right-click and press Edit File.

If you could implement that feature I would use that for sure.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:54 am

That is a great suggestion, and an important feature I missed. Enjoy.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:34 pm
Admin

If there is a tool to get files status you may want to try to plug it in the new Source Control plugin (in SVN).

Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:47 pm
Profile WWW

@Philippe: I use Perforce at work exclusively, I don't have access to the software at home, so that cuts back on the scope of the work I can do. But in addition to that, the P4V client is massive, and you really have to use it to manage your changelists and submit the work. This plugin is just meant to save the user from going to the client to "Check Out" a file (which is quick and easy, but finding the file with the client is a pain).

Thanks for all the work you've done Philippe, I love this IDE.

Last edited by CrazySam on Mon May 30, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:31 pm

I like it, checkout works fine! Would this be a big issue to add context menu with perforce commands to ProjectTree?
Also, adding one more feature would save time: "Mark file for add" command. This would be convenient when you create a new class and add it from FD, without going to P4V and finding this particular.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:17 am

Another round of excellent suggestions. The changes are in, feel free to upgrade!

Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:43 pm

Thanks, it works fine!

Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:27 am

Updated. Plugin now awesome.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:59 pm

Trying it out now; so far works like a charm.
Great job @CrazySam!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:53 pm
Profile WWW

I am running FD4 on Windows7. I added the version 4 of the plugin to the plugins directory of FD4 install. When I open FD4 I get the following error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Perforce.PluginMain.HandleEvent(Object sender, NotifyEvent e, HandlingPriority prority)
at PluginCore.Managers.EventManager.DispatchEvent(Object sender, NotifyEvent e)

Any ideas what might be causing this issue?
Thanks,
Sean

Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:00 pm

Hey Sean,

I updated the download link with the exact version that I am currently using, so please re-download and try again. If you still get an error, let me know. I will package up a portable installation of FD4 and provide you with a download, so you can enjoy auto-checkout of files as you edit them.

Update:
Oh what the heck, here you go: Download FD4 Portable with Perforce and FindFiles (shameless plug) Plugins.

This is the latest FD4, R1978 with R1981 patch applied. Just extract, create a shortcut and enjoy.

Last edited by CrazySam on Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:35 pm

It looks like if I don't have the Start Page (View->Start Page) when you open FlashDevelop you get the error I mentioned previously. In contrast if the Start Page is not open when you open FlashDevelop the error does not occur.
Lastly if you open FlashDevelop with the Start Page closed then open the Start Page from the menu it triggers the error.

I will try the FD4 portable you provided and see if it displays the error.
Thanks,
Sean

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:25 pm

is it a stable version or beta? i need it for android developers

Last edited by Egorio on Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:05 am

It's pretty stable. I haven't crashed FlashDevelop because of the plugin.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next