AIR 3.0 native extensions
In case anyone is wondering, I took some notes of what I did when trying to compile an example AIR Native Extension using FlashDevelop 4 RC1 - a bit raw, but hopefully it might help someone. There is a growing collection of community extensions to be found here: http://extensionsforair.com/
1. Download AIR 3 sdk and flex 4.5.1 sdk and merge them.
2. Download and install AIR 3.0 runtime on target platform!
3. Download extension example from http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/native- ... r-air.html
I went for the Vibration as my phone doesn't support gyroscope.
4. Create new Air Mobile as3 project in Flashdevelop 4 RC1
5. copy contents of ReadyToUseExtension from the zip file into /lib
6. Right click on swc → add to library, then right click again, options → external library.
7. Change build target to air 3 (using the merged flex and air sdks)
8. edit Run.bat to go to android-debug
9. create certificate in /bat
10. add extension to application.xml like this <extensions><extensionID>com.adobe.Vibration</extensionID></extensions>. Or through air properties gui. Use the id specified in the text file in lib.
11. remove bin/icons
12. change <application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/2.7"> to <application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/3.0"> in application.xml
13. add “-extdir lib” to the end of the adt line in /bat/Packager.bat (line 44)
14. plug in android phone in usb debug mode
15. add <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.VIBRATE"/> to the android manifest in application.xml (otherwise it'll all compile but won't actually vibrate.)
16. test project on android phone down the wire.