FD works without .NET 2.0 for me but complained about Java 7
I'm installing Flash Develop 4.0.4, and as always when installing FD after a long time without using it I'm scratching my head a little over some requirements. (not always the same ones, mind you
* Microsoft .NET 2.0 SP1 runtime is really required, even if you already have .NET 4.0 installed.
* Get the ActiveX (for IE) Debug Flash Player. This is required by the browser control.
* Get the free Adobe Flex SDK. The free Adobe Flex SDK (2, 3 or 4) is required for ActionScript 3 development if you don't use Flash CS*.
* FlashDevelop setup will offer automatically download Adobe Flex SDK and this is highly recommended.
* Java 1.6+ 32bits is required for the Flex compiler for ActionScript 3 development.
* SourceControl plugin depends on TortoiseSVN and TortoiseGit.
- I don't have .NET 2.0 SP1, only 3.5 and 4.0. (Running Vista SP2 32Bits) However, FlashDevelop seems to work fine
... Will it break only when using certain features, or is the 2.0 requirement obsolete in FD 4+ ?
- I have Java 1.7 32bits installed, but when running FD installer it complained that I do not have 1.6. I skipped this prompt and FD seems to work fine as well. Is that prompt a simple version checking bug, or is 1.7 really not supported for some reason and I may bump into it later ?
Thanks and sorry if this is asked frequently. I searched a little without finding a spot-on reply.